BATTLE BRIDGE BOUDICCA vs THE ROMANS
“Battle Bridge”: Boudicca vs the Romans – an immersive experience at King’s Cross.
Friday night, Saturday, Sunday: 29-31 August 2014
Did you know, in the first and second centuries AD, 20% of the world’s population lived under Roman rule?
Following last year’s immersive Journeys festival, which took us back to Victorian times, we are hosting a summer festival extravaganza all based on the Roman Empire and its presence n London, in 61AD.
We’ll be showing some classic Roman inspired films on Friday and Saturday evenings, during the day on Saturday and Sunday – a programme of activities with something for everyone.
Fancy learning how to make yourself up as a Roman noblewoman? Or to fight for your freedom, gladiator-style? Or perhaps you’re more interested in interior decoration, and want to try mosaic design.
- Learn how to battle like a Roman with Gladiator Workshops
- Indulge yourself in some Roman-inspired food and drink
- Learn the art of Roman hair braiding and beauty techniques
- Make your very own Roman Mosaic to take home
- Take a walk around a Roman house and make your own coaster
- Have your picture taken in full Roman get up!